Dealing With Bee Stings

A bee sting is no fun, as it can not only cause you pain, but it can also put poison in your blood stream that makes you feel sick (and of course, it is even worse for those who are allergic to bee stings!), but even though you will be hopeful that you (or your children) will not have to deal with bee stings, it is wise – especially during the summer – to know what you should do in case a bee sting occurs. Taking care of bee stings is easy to do, after all, but if you do not know what you are doing, you will not be able to take the proper steps!


The first thing for you to do is check the area of the sting to see if the stinger is embedded in the skin; if the stinger is not in the skin, you will be in much better shape, as this will mean there was little to no poison emitted, but if the stinger is embedded in the skin, you will need to use tweezers and pull it out.


Once you have safely removed and disposed of the stinger, you will need to mix a little concoction to go over the area of the sting; in a bowl, stir a little bit of water into baking soda until it creates a paste-like substance, then cover the area with this paste and allow it to dry.

You will minimize the effects of the sting and the poison with this concoction of baking soda and water, but you will also need to make sure that no air is getting to the spot of the sting, and that the paste is not crumbling off; you can do this by putting a bandage over the paste and leaving it on for several hours.

You should immediately visit a doctor if you have taken these steps and an allergic reaction still occurs – but as long as you take these steps, you will greatly minimize the possibility of any further damage!