Stretch marks happen when people gain a lot of weight quickly and their skin gets over stretched during the process. That leads to damage and tearing in the superficial layers of the skin; the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous layers. Such type of skin damage creates the linear scars often called stretch marks. Stretch marks can happen in many places on the body however one place that may be common is on the thighs. In this short article we will discuss how to get rid of thigh stretch marks.
1. Cover Up With Make Up: People can get rid of thigh stretch marks quickly but for immediate and momentary results they can opt for many different methods to cover up or conceal them. For those who choose to wear a revealing outfit for a special occasion then this temporary remedy should help them out. Self tanning creams, liquid scar concealing agents and body makeup are all easily obtainable and it can also be possible to obtain a spray tan or use airbrush makeup.
2. Focus On Weight Loss: You can get rid of thigh stretch marks by losing some of the extra weight which prompted them to develop in the first place. The scars are caused by your skin being over stretched therefore slimming down and relaxing the skin could help. This works very effectively for ladies especially in the post-partum phase.
3. Simple Thigh Exercises: Engaging in a regular program of exercise should help to break down stretch mark scar tissue, take off weight and firm and strengthen muscles. Stretching exercises may help minimize scar tissue and aerobic exercises will burn fat and enhance nutrient distribution to your skin.
4. Diet Changes For Healthier Skin: You can help your body to get rid of stretch marks by the simple means of eating a healthy and nutritious diet. Your skin requires a wide variety of nutrients in order to protect itself from free radical molecules and toxins and to mend any damage that occurs. A well-balanced diet should include foods that have plenty of antioxidants and fatty acids in them. A few examples of foods such as this are products made out of whole grains, fresh vegetables and fruits as well as cold water fish.
5. Daily Supplements That Help The Skin: Taking a nutritional supplement daily to ensure that the body is getting full nutrition is a good idea.
6. Keep Your Skin Hydrated: Your skin must be well hydrated in order to remain supple and elastic so that stretch mark scars can be reduced and eliminated. Drink plenty of water each day.
7. Anti Stretch Mark Massage: The technique of body massage is an old folk remedy which is well known to aid in getting rid of stretch marks in several ways. The massaging action helps to stimulate the blood flow and circulation in your body and that means better nutrient distribution to the skin’s surface. Body massage also exerts force over the skin which aids in softening the scar tissue in stretch marks so that it could be effectively removed.
8. Exfoliate Your Skin: You can get rid of your stretch marks by using a technique called exfoliation where a very thin layer of skin is removed. This procedure helps to remove all the dirt, impurities and dead skin cells from the surface of your skin and likewise removes the scarred tissues from your stretch marks so that they get smaller. If you exfoliate two times a day using a slightly abrasive cleansing agent and applicator you will soon see your stretch marks fade away.
9. Creams: There are many natural and holistic lotions available for use in treating stretch mark scars. These essential oils, creams and lotions are one of the best ways to get rid of thigh stretch marks. Various topical creams have different treatment properties. Some topical creams contain natural skin proteins such as collagen and elastin so they revitalize and regenerate the skin. Other skin lotions act as an exfoliate on the stretch marks and remove scar tissue. Most of the stretch mark creams help to lubricate and moisturize the skin so that it stays supple and flexible. You can experiment with a few different varieties of skin creams to look for the best solution.